(Consumer Insurance (Disclosure and Representations) Act 2012)
In deciding to accept this policy and in setting the terms and premium, we have relied on the information you have given us. You must take care when answering any questions we ask by ensuring that all information provided is accurate and complete.
If we establish that you deliberately or recklessly provided us with false or misleading information we will treat this policy as if it never existed and decline all claims.
If we establish that you carelessly provided us with false or misleading information it could adversely affect your policy and any claim. For example, we may:
• treat this policy as if it had never existed and refuse to pay all claims and return the premium paid. We will only do this if we provided you with insurance cover which we would not otherwise have offered;
• amend the terms of your insurance. We may apply these amended terms as if they were already in place if a claim has been adversely impacted by your carelessness;
• reduce the amount we pay on a claim in the proportion the premium you have paid bears to the premium we would have charged you; or
• cancel your policy in accordance with the Right to cancel condition below.
We will write to you if we:
1. intend to treat your policy as if it never existed; or
2. need to amend the terms of your policy.
If you become aware that information you have given us is inaccurate, you must inform us as soon as practicable.