It is our intention to provide you with a first class service at all times. However, there may be occasions when you feel this objective has not been achieved. In the first instance, please address your concerns to MORIS.co.uk / Indigo Underwriters Ltd who will be pleased to assist you.
We have a complaints handling procedure in place which meets the standards set by the Financial Conduct Authority. The Financial Conduct Authority has published guidance on how to make a complaint. If after discussion with the MORIS.co.uk / Indigo Underwriters you remain dissatisfied please write to our Compliance Officer as shown below:
• Compliance Officer, MORIS.co.uk C/O Indigo Underwriters Ltd., 32 Threadneedle Street, London, EC2R 8AY
• Telephone: 020 3427 5960
• Email: email@example.com
Please always quote your policy number or claim number, where this is available, and the broker responsible for arranging your insurance.
If your dissatisfaction is with the insurer behind your policy you may approach them directly. Full details of the name and address are within your policy document but please do contact us if in doubt.
Lloyd's: If your policy is underwritten by a member of Lloyd's and you remain dissatisfied you may write to:
• Policyholder and Market Assistance, Lloyd's, Fidentia House, Walter Burke Way, Chatham Maritime, Kent, ME4 4RN
• Tel: +44(0)20 7327 5693
• Fax: +44(0)20 7327 5225
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Website: www.lloyds.com/policyholder/policyholder-complaint
Whether you are insured by a member of Lloyd's of London or any other insurer, if you remain dissatisfied you may have the right to refer your complaint to the FOS at:
• The Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, Harbour Exchange Square, London, E14 9SR.
• Tel: 0800 023 4567 (calls to this number are free from "fixed lines" in the UK) or 0300 123 9123 (calls to this number are charged at the same rate as 01 and 02 numbers on mobile phone tariffs in the uk).
• Email: email@example.com
• Website: financial-ombudsman.org.uk
Any decision made by the FOS is only binding on the insurers and you remain free to take action if you see fit. The FOS is an independent service in the UK for settling disputes between consumers and businesses providing financial services.
If you have purchased your policy online you can also make a complaint via the EU’s online dispute resolution (ODR) platform. Making a complaint will not affect your legal rights.
Your Insurers are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. You or the Insured person may be entitled to compensation from the scheme if the Insurers cannot meet their financial obligations depending on the type of insurance and the circumstances of the claim.
Further Information about the scheme is available from the:
• Financial Services Compensation Scheme, 10th floor, Beaufort House, 15 St Botolph Street, London, EC3A 7QU
• Tel: 0800 678 1100 / 020 7741 4100
• Website: fscs.org.uk/
These arrangements for the handling of complaints are entirely without prejudice to your rights in English Law and you are free at any stage to seek legal advice and take legal action. Unless agreed otherwise with you, your insurance is governed by English Law.
If you are not resident (or, in the case of a business, the registered office or principal place of business is not situated) in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Channel Islands or the Isle of Man, the law which will apply is the law of England and Wales.